Why an Angel Adventure?
Brain tumors do not discriminate. They affect children,
teenagers, adults, the elderly and people of all races and ethnicities.
This devastating disease has personally affected everyone on the Bay Area
Angel Adventure volunteer committee.
Please join us and raise money in the fight against brain
- Each year approximately 185,000 people in the United
States will be diagnosed with a primary or metastatic brain tumor.
- Brain tumors are the leading cause of cancer death for
children under age 20, now surpassing Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL),
and the third leading cause of cancer death for young adults ages 20
- Metastatic brain tumors (cancer that spreads from other
parts of the body to the brain) occur at some point in 20 - 40% of the
general cancer population.
Where Do the Dollars Go?
Your fundraising efforts make a difference! Here are
just some of the ways your donor dollars are Giving Help, Giving Hope®
to brain tumor patients and their families:
Fund Critical Research
To date, the NBTF has awarded over $2,000,000 in research funding. NBTF's
next grant cycle will total approximately $600,000.
Fund Patient Services
Each year over 30,000 people in the brain tumor community receive some
form of direct service through NBTF. These services include, but are not
- "800" phone number which can be accessed for
patient and support services (1,200 inquiries per month)
- National or regional conferences where patients and medical
professionals meet and interact
- Comprehensive Web site (www.braintumor.org),
providing extensive information, a wealth of resources, and countless
opportunities to connect with others in the brain tumor community (37,000
- Access and referrals to over 170 support groups across
- Distribution of Brain Tumors: A Guide, and numerous
other publications addressing specific issues such as clinical trials,
specific tumor types, and treatment options
- Updates on the latest brain tumor information through
our newsletter, SEARCH, published quarterly, with a distribution
What is an Angel Adventure?
Angel Adventure is a day to enjoy each other's company, to share in the
joy of those who are still with us and celebrate the memories of those
who have left us.
- Enjoy the opening ceremonies
- Walk the five mile course along the scenic Embarcadero
- Relax in the picnic area at Pacific Bell Park during
- Share in the camaraderie with other NBTF supporters
- Win one of the prizes awarded to the top three individual
- Win the top fundraising Team prize (a team is five or
- Receive a commemorative Angel Adventure pin by raising
$2,0000 or more